Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012




How fast time flies.

In the past eight months, I've experienced so much that I could write a whole book about it. Only if I weren't so lazy. My life here couldn't be better at the moment. I look forward to the rest of the time that remains for me here, but also to the return and on my friends, family, and my normal everyday life in Germany.


Before I came to Malaysia, I've always thought that a year goes by quickly. Then after staying three months in Malaysia I thought the year would never end. This was probably because I was homesick and still thinking a lot about Germany. Eventuelly, I got over my homesickness and time passed in a flash.

My name is Anne Gabrysch and the reason, why I came to Malaysia is, because I wanted to experience a very different lifestyle. To learn how life is on the other side of the world, to learn, how life is in Asia. I didn't know a lot about Malaysia before I arrived, but then I heard so many good things from the other exchange students who went to Malaysia in 2010 that I got interested.

At first, I was scared that I would have a problem with the communication because my english was quiet bad and of course, I couldn't speak Bahasa Malaysia as well. I have loved my hostfamily since the first day we met. Or actually, since the first time I skyped with my hostsister. I have so much luck, that I have my host family and the chance to have a great life in Malaysia. My year couldn't have been better.

The first thing that changed for me when I arrived was the different weather and the different time. I am always getting amazed when it comes to nature. Especially, here in Malaysia where everything is so beautiful. But most people here are always complainin

g that it is too hot. Meanwhile, in Germany everybody would get incredibly happy if summer time came with 30 degrees Celcius temperatures. Here they turn on the air conditioning to 16-22 degrees and hide in their houses. Which I don't like, because I always get sick from air conditioning systems and I have no great desire t


o sit at home, if it's so beautiful outside. Even if we have time in the sun everybody is just complaining about the heat, nobody even notices how great it is just to sit outside, breathe the fresh air, admire the palm trees, listen to the sounds of nature and let the sun work on you. Whenever I get the chance to relax completely and just sit around, I remember that I must enjoying the time that I have left before I return bac

k to Germany.

My school is really funny and everybody is extremely nice to me. I am in 7 different classes, because I wanted to join both art and sport classes. In Malaysian schools art class is more different than in Germany. We design shoes and draw more than I've ever drawn before. At first, I couldn't understand and speak any Bahasa Malaysia, but

many of my friends, teachers and my own family helped me to learn the language fast. During my stay I have participated in many school aktivities. For example, I travel with several classes to visit a gorgeous waterfall. We also went into a kampung and helped the villagers with their daily work. We had so much fun their. I remember running around the entire night with a snake around my nack, because I l

oved her so much. When I return to Germany I will ask my parents to buy me a snake, but I don't think that they will find this idea so great.



One more thing that I've learnd here is that acting how other people's want you to be, only gives them power over you! I have always attempted to be what other people have wanted me. But now I have changed. Finally, I can show who I really am! Why do people always try to change others? If someone hurts you, there are two choices: look forward and forget about everything or wallow in self-pity.

I did not think that it was possible that I could change so much in one year. In this year I've experienced so many things. I've also done a lot that most will never have the oppurtunity to do in their entire life. My english is much better, even though my grammar still isn't perfect, but I can understand other people and they can understand me. That's the important thing!

The things I'll miss the most: the food, my hostfamily, the environment, and my AFS Klang-Chapterfriends when I'll return to my country. We had a lot of fun and spend much time together. I can only recommend to make an exchange year, because the experiences that you make here, you can't make in a 2-week vacation. I think you're foolifh if you spend your life sitting in one place. The world is gigantic. It's a waste if you don't try and see it.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen